Thursday, April 25, 2019

Writers Write: 9 Ways to Bring the Funny in Your Fiction

Dog Meme (image source from Wikipedia)

I realized it is very hard to be funny in my writing because I don't think I have a great sense of humor. I was reading an article, "9 Ways to Bring the Funny in Your Fiction" and I thought it was a pretty cool article. It talked about humor does not need to be invented, it just needs to be observed and ready to explain it to people. Anything can make you laugh, it is the way you present your story. Everyone has their own idea of creative writing and style. Another way to make your fiction funny were phrases, words, and sounds that are used in the story. A funny word can make people go nuts for the story. It is all about how your humor flows throughout the story. There is nothing to be afraid of when you are expressing yourself in the story. Comedy should not be a genre, but an element to your story that ties it altogether. It is part of the process when creating your stories. You just have to stay true to your style of writing and incorporate your own humor in it, then people will understand it.

9 Ways to Bring the Funny in Your Fiction, Dan Brotzel, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Growth Mindset: Beyond School

Cute Pomeranian to Brighten Smiles (image source from Wikipedia ) I wanted to make my final post about growth mindset beyond school. I ...